Friday, January 28, 2011

Buy bigger jeans.

I'm not suggesting I'm big. In fact I'm healthy and now perfectly satisfied still being much smaller than the average woman in the US. Since eating a vegetarian diet I have gained weight. I'm ok with that and I just bought bigger jeans. BUT now I need to start the other healthy regimen, exercise. I'm not sedentary, but I do not move as much as I should. It's finding the time, or wanting to find the time, I find difficult. After becoming a vegetarian in June I've heard so much BS about how I'm going to become huge now. People will say anything about not eating meat because they are uncomfortable. Mind you I never point out the obvious reasons not to eat meat, but everyone likes to point out why I should be. I've heard the, you need protein speech, the don't eat to much Soy, and the what about Iron question. Then I heard I would grow to enormous proportions, because apparently now all I eat is Mac and Cheese. Warped thinking if you ask me. Notice the first part of ___etarian does not start with Mac. I would like to mention during Christmas dinner, eggplant parm was serve. I was over joyed. Until my husband said...the sausage in here is great. Crap! WHO PUTS SAUSAGE IN EGGPLANT PARM.? Just add more meat, because the Ham, Stuffed Cabbage, and Brisket was not enough.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my f***ing God! Sausage in eggplant parm??? I thought even that was against Italian culinary rules! I laughed so hard that you put that in all caps because that's exactly how I read it: out loud and in disbelief. :) People just don't understand being vegetarian and if they chose to learn about it, they would find out how beneficial it is. Rock on veggie girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sausage in eggplant parm sounds delicious! Certainly makes it easier to get the eggplant down the hatch!

    ReplyDelete