Wednesday, August 17, 2011

DNA test for a dog.

As some of you may know when I get lit about something I can be like a terrier. I've been looking for a pet sitter for a couple of weeks with zero success. I called one and they are vacationing the same week as me. I called another, no one called back. I asked my vet for more recommendations, no one called me back. My mom recommended someone and I called her, no call back after a week and a half. I called again knowing my mom is currently using this pet sitter to watch her dog. So here we are....I'm calling out this pet sitter I spoke to yesterday. I can do that it's my blog! She returned my call and asked who recommended me to her. I told her my mom and I asked how things went with my mom's dog. She says and I quote " well she didn't bite me". My gut said end this conversation, now. I didn't and preceded to tell her what I needed and about my dog. "He's a lab mix and he weighs 65lbs....." She interrupts me. " Lab mixed with what...PIT BULL?" I hesitated because of course we know where this is going. "Yes, along with many other things". While thinking to my self, I have never had him DNA tested. I can only assume about his mix, but it's clear he has some Pit, Sheppard and Beagle. She can only assume also, but she starts rambling on and on about the insurance company she owns and how her home owners will not allow her to watch pit bulls. I say "thank you I will call someone else." She keeps going. I say "thank you" again and try to end the conversation. She keeps going.... I end conversation abruptly. " THANK YOU. I GET THE POINT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!" If you do not know, home owners insurance requires higher payments and payoffs for pet owners who have pit bulls. They are a liability. Let's go back in the story. Remember when the pet sitter said my mom's dog did not bite her...well I know some one that dog did bite. MY MOM, in the face. Ten stitches. That is a liability. I never asked this women for my dog to stay with her. I asked to meet with her. If I said Poodle mix or Collie mix, would she have asked me mixed with pit bull? But I'll never know. This is doggie discrimination.

No comments:

Post a Comment