Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Nanny Dogs"


Recently I read a news blog article about Pit Bulls. The article included various photos of children with Pit Bulls with the reference to them as "Nanny Dogs". Apparently people in the past used them to watch over their children. This is no surprise to me. Pit Bulls, if brought up in the proper environment, are fantastic dogs. They are loyal, loving, fun, and playful, but unfortunately people/humans have given them their bad raps. Shelters are filled with unwanted Pits, many of them rescued from "owners" who raised them as fighters or to be aggressive. Why am I writing this... People need to responsible for their choices when they choose a pet. When considering becoming a pet owner one needs to take into account their lifestyle. Will this pet fit? Am I allergic? Can I afford this pet? If I move will my pet be welcome in my new place? Consider some towns will not allow Pit Bulls. I could on and on, my point is pets are not interchangeable or disposable.

No comments:

Post a Comment